
Garlic Toasted Balsamic Chicken Bruschetta Sandwich
by: Jenny at Picky Palate
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts from above recipe
Pinch of salt
¼ Cup balsamic vinegar
¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
4 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced (or whatever is growing in your garden)
8 fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled and thinly sliced into chiffonade
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
8 thin slices fresh mozzarella
4 ciabatta rolls, or other rolls of choice
1. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat on the stovetop. Spray with cooking spray. Combine balsamic and olive oil in a bowl.Season both sides of chicken with pinches of salt and place on grill.Brush top sides of chicken with balsamic mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes and flip chicken. Brush with additional balsamic and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
2. In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, basil garlic, salt and balsamic. Toss gently to combine. Set aside.
3. Preheat same grill pan over medium heat and spray with additional cooking spray. Place 2 slices of cheese on bottom rolls then layer with chicken breasts, spoonfuls of tomato mixture and 2 more slices of cheese. Place top rolls to close sandwich and grill both sides on hot grill pan until toasty and warm. Serve warm.
5 comments:
That looks so good. It might just make me cook for my first time in 2008 .... seriously. That's embarassing. Okay so I got my camera a couple days ago, and it's the most amazing thing in the world. I haven't had ANY time to experiment with it with moving and everything, but I just read throught the whole instructions manual. I don't know how you taught yourself - it sounds like the most complicated thing in the whole world. I wish you were here to help me. I'm going to struggle, but I guess I just gotta start using it huh? I'm excited!
PS - IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS / ADVICE - LET ME KNOW. I NEED IT!
That looks yum!! I am going to try it.
dude, I guess we never got the message that you had a blog! I kinda remember talking about it in Hawaii but....i dunno. Lets keep in touch! -Marshall
So this is one of the meals that I made for Andy while you were gone! I don't know if I sent you the email or not, but we have a blog! I created it like the day after you guys came over and we talked about it. It is nancandjer.blogspot.com You should look at the meal that Bailey made for Andy! She was pretty excited!
Post a Comment